If they are in good shape, and very specifically if the track fits the new rollers… If new rollers are too small or too large they will have issues traveling in the track.
Old rollers bearing blow out and fail over time, and generally over time there are minor changes in how big the rollers are, probably specifically to make the installation a bit more expensive with a new installation. The other issues with the old track are that it can get out of true (level, parallel, straight, etc… ) old track often should be at least re-adjusted, which can often take longer than installing new track (and will cost more due to labor hours) So it depends.
If you’re doing it yourself and have to squeeze the pennies… you CAN re-use track. It will take a bunch more effort to do it right (in researching correct rollers, measuring, bending, perhaps re-welding joints, cleaning, leveling… ) so yes, but it isn’t always the most time-efficient, and can, if done poorly, cost more than replacing the track due to failure on the door due to poor fit.
If the rollers are right for the track, and the previous door didn’t fail by coming out of the track (bending it on the way often) you can keep the old ones… installers would rather use the new track, as it eliminates all the potential issues, and allows you to have a warranty which if you re-use the track probably not.
Let’s start with understanding that this is not a one-person job. I recommend that you get several estimates from professional repair companies before proceeding on your own. The steps to replacing a panel are simple but not easy.
- Remove items inside the garage (like cars and other garage contents) so that the door and its tracks can be accessed on the outer edges of the door. Obtain a couple of ladders to access the door springs.
- Release the spring tension on the door (this can be dangerous). Make sure that the springs are not broken. This would be the perfect time to replace them if damaged.
- Roll the panels ABOVE the one to be replaced higher in the tracks and secure them there. You will see where these upper panels must be separated from the panel to be replaced. Make sure these panels cannot move and fall out of the tracks.
- Remove the damaged panel from the tracks and take out the damaged panel. Check the tracks to ensure that they are in good condition. Repair/replace as needed. If the top panel must be replaced (where the opener attaches), you will need to install the opener connection on the new panel. If the bottom panel must be replaced (where the cables attach), you will need to install the cable connections on the bottom of that panel.
- Insert the new panel and rollers into the tracks, check for proper operation. Perform any re-installation described above.
- Disconnect the door opener trolley and manually lower the panels above to the top of the new panel. Reconnect all the panels vertically so that the opener will work. It’s only attached to the highest panel.
- CAREFULLY re-tension the spring tension. Most experts advise that cables and springs should not be touched by homeowners since these high-tension parts can be dangerous.
- Leaving the opener trolley disconnect open, manually open the door once spring tension is restored. The door should open easily by hand (e.g. if the electric power for the opener was lost) but should not “fly up” (oops, too tight).
- Reconnect the opener trolley so the opener can raise/lower the door and test for proper function.
- Discard the old door panel. You may have to cut it into pieces for disposal.
Contact us for more information.
The installation and utilization of commercial garage doors are vital to ensure a high degree of productivity and profitability for your business undertaking.
A garage door helps secure the goods inside your storage facility. As a matter of fact, it also provides an aesthetic value to your business facility.
We ascertained that commercial and industrial facilities have been flourishing in Tempe, Arizona and most of the garage doors are already on their declining years.
Meaning, garage doors that were utilized for the operation to their maximum limit will also suffer from deterioration.
Thus, to ensure that these doors will still work efficiently, they need to be maintained and repaired by a Professional Garage Door Repair Company.
You can also contact us fro more information and consultation.
Metal doors are primed at the factory and are available with a sticker saying what sort of paint should be wont to protect it.
Many will state to only use an honest quality exterior acrylic because oil-based paint is incompatible with the primer. If the sticker says to use an honest quality exterior paint then you’ll use a water-based or oil-based exterior paint.
I usually applied a semigloss or low-sheen enamel on garage doors because those made it easier to scrub off the doors.
My favorite paint manufacturer is Benjamin Moore because it holds up the longest with the only color retention plus it’s higher spread rate offsets it’s higher costs.
My least favorite is Sherwin-Williams because they’ve been lowering the standard of their standard lines to force consumers to shop for their overpriced high-end lines that have equivalent durability as their standard lines before being cheapened.
We at Xpress Door provide Best Garage Door Services and Free Coupons also available.
you can also contact for more consultation or any kind of Garage Door Services.
Most homeowners close the overhead garage door and assume that they need locked out bad guys.
And they’re mostly correct. A garage door that’s connected to an opener is pretty safe.
Every garage door opener has an emergency release that disconnects the door from the opener.
Without it, you can’t be ready to open the door when the opener is on the fritz.
An automatic door closer provides you with more security since it closes the door whether you’re home or not.
Installation needs some simple low-voltage wiring and takes but an hour. To find one, you’ll search online for an automatic garage door closer.
Any job is ‘safe’ for you to do if you know the proper way to do it and also possess the required tools and equipment, not to mention the common sense to stop what you’re doing if “something doesn’t seem right.”
It is not safe to repair the garage door yourself always. You may repair small things on your own. It is better to use some professional garage door repair services like us. It will not only help you to repair your garage door but also you can avoid the mishaps that may occur due to a faulty garage door.
If you try to fix the garage door yourself, you may end up causing another problem or making your situation even worse by doing the wrong thing.
In this case, it is safer to hire a professional. If you do not have the knowledge or the necessary expertise, odds are that you will cause more damage instead of fixing the problem.
Hire Xpress Garage Door for Any Garage Door Repair Service as it is not advisable to repair Garage Door yourself.
When it comes to making garage door repairs, it is safer to hire a professional like us. Not only will it save hours of your time, but you can also rest assured that the work will be done well.
CONTACT US or CALL US NOW !
We are available 24×7
Garage door repair can be a time-consuming exercise which will not only cause a lot of headache and inconvenience but would also cost you money. In times when we hardly have any time to stand and stare, it is only natural to miss out on minor things on a daily basis until the problem surmounts to a grave issue. If problems are overlooked and you do not perform a garage door repair at the right time then there can be safety issues as well. People have become innovative with their garage doors, overhead ones and electric garage doors are also common. It is essential to maintain your garage door on an ongoing basis.
Here are some tips that would help you to maintain your garage door and tracks and also carry out some minor garage door repair.
- A very common perception is that if the garage door is having a problem then it ought to be owing to the opener. This is not always true. There may be some errors or problems with the garage door itself. It is essential to look beyond the opener and obvious perceptions to first understand if you have some garage door repair to do.
- Lubricating the tracks, the bolts and checking out the entire structure of your garage door once every two days or at least twice a week is a good way to maintain your garage door.
- It is always better to try and avoid garage door repair and to do so one must regularly and dedicatedly attend to every aspect of the system. One must cleanse the tracks to clean them of dirt. This must be done by using recommended lubricants and not those that would rather hold on to dirt and grime than cleansing them. Tracks often get misaligned and the screws and bolts may loosen up with use. Wear and tear is always common with anything. You must meticulously fix the alignment of the tracks and tighten the screws and the bolts as and when required.
- There may be times when the requirement of a garage door repair specialist becomes unavoidable. Some tasks may be difficult for you to carry out and would call for expertise. In such cases, you must not delay the garage door repair since that may escalate the problem to an altogether different level.
Maintaining the garage door or performing regular garage door repair is always a wise way to avoid bigger problems.
If you ever feel you need a Garage Door Expert, Contact Xpress Door.